The International Student Advisory Board (ISAB), an initiative of the Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS), is excited to announce the opening of applications for the TUPals Program.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Pal! If you have any questions regarding what it means to be a Pal or the application process please contact the ISAB by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a Pal (current Tulane students)
Request a Pal (new international students)
The TUPals program connects current Tulane students (international or U.S.) to new international students during their first semester at Tulane University. The primary mission of TUPals is to ease the transition of new international students to Tulane so that they may succeed personally, socially, and academically. Additionally, the program encourages the Tulane community to develop a global mind-set.
Objectives of the TUPals Program:
· To acquaint each new and transfer student with Tulane University—its structure, services, and unique personality;
· To help new students connect with other peers and at least one upper-class student in a meaningful, positive way;
· To assist the student in personal assessment of his/her abilities and support their transition academically, socially, and personally;
· To promote attendance at out-of-class academic, social, and cultural events;
· To foster positive cross-cultural communications and relationships.
Expectations of the Pals are:
· Attend monthly events for TUPals and plan other gatherings outside of the monthly events;
· Help each other to succeed personally, academically, and socially;
· Become acquainted with all students in your group and establish positive relationships;
· Complete a program evaluation at the end of the semester.
· Encourage a sense of individual responsibility;
· Be aware of students’ attitudes and be sensitive to individual as well as group needs;
· Be knowledgeable about on and off-campus services for appropriate referral;
· Show interest and encourage others to participate in and attend various college events;
· Maintain open lines of communication and support throughout the semester with your group;
Befriending a U.S. Pal Befriending an International Pal