If you have landed on this page we hope that you have already carefully read through the 'Bringing Family' guide. This resource page is designed to give you guidelines about how to navigate the U.S. system once your family is already here and in active/legal status. Below are some links and guides that you can read through that contain extensive information about further supporting your family members.
- Basic Safety Information - Short guide on knowing how to discern different areas for renting/living, and also making your home a safe environment for your children.
- Schools and Childcare - Contains information about what education is compulsory in the U.S. and the different school levels.
- Types of Early Childcare - You will be able to find information about early education and other daycare program.
- Recreation - Learn about what New Orleans has to offer; libraries, Louisiana Children's Museum, Audubon Zoo, etc.
- Parks - List of various parks in New Orleans.
- Meet other spouses: Join the International Spouse Facebook Group to meet other spouses and partners.
- Your email will be added to our listserv. You will receive the weekly OISS Digest with a great deal of information for you and your family.
Click here for the latest Digest.
Get a shuttle ID.