NTC Office of English for Academic and Professional Purposes
Tulane's free program for incoming international students introduces you to the academic language of American university life. Regardless of your country of origin, adjusting to university life is often a challenging experience. This two-week course is designed to give you a chance to interact in English with your Tulane peers so that you have the confidence and preparation to perform at your best. It can be completed online at your residence during a two-week summer session. Email Robert Connor, Ph.D. at LearnEng@tulane.edu for more information.
- Undergraduate Students Online Program: May 10-21, 2021
- Intensive curriculum consisting of twenty hours of instruction and activities each week. Instruction will be a combination of project-based, content-based and activities, focused on English writing, speaking and listening.
- Students may elect to receive special one-on-one instruction to improve English speaking, writing and listening skills.
- On-campus housing is provided throughout the program.
Tulane Advantage Uptown: If you completed high school in the USA, we plan on seeing you July 10th for the on-campus program, Tulane Advantage Uptown. You should begin your OISS Online Orientation now and stay tuned for more details about an in person OISS Tulane Advantage orientation.
Tulane Advantage HiTech: If you did not complete high school in the USA, we expect to see you in August for OISS orientation. Based on your location and current limitations, we believe you will need to take the summer Advantage program virtually rather than in person. You should begin your OISS Online Orientation now and stay tuned for more details about a virtual OISS Tulane Advantage orientation in July. Your initial I-20 document was issued for a July arrival, and we will need to issue you a new one for an August arrival. While we have never had issues with students completing the summer program successfully, your ability to arrive in August is contingent on the completion of this program virtually. Please let us know at LearnEng@tulane.edu by May 24 if your plans have changed, or if you have already secured a visa for July arrival. Otherwise, we will start processing your new I-20, so you can schedule a visa appointment for August arrival.
- EAPP 1000: Composition & Reading (fulfills Race & Inclusion requirement)
- EAPP 1050: Multicultural Speech (fulfills Global Perspectives requirement)
- ENGL 1011: Writing for Academic Purposes (fulfills freshman composition requirement)
- SCEN 7650 Speaking Skills (for ITAs)
- Special MBA and Law Programs