English for Academic and Professional Purposes
Self-Directed English Language Goals
Download and Print the form below to stay on track with your learning.
Enroll in programs that will meet your goals through our EAPP Program.
Pre-arrival Placement Program
Tulane's free program for incoming international students introduces you to the academic language of American university life. Regardless of your country of origin, adjusting to university life is often a challenging experience. This two-week course is designed to give you a chance to interact in English with your Tulane peers so that you have the confidence and preparation to perform at your best. It can be completed online at your residence during a two-week summer session. Email Robert Connor, PhD at LearnEng@tulane.edu for more information.
- Undergraduate Students Online Program: May 13-24, 2019
- Graduate Students Online Program: July 15-26, 2019
- Intensive curriculum consisting of twenty hours of instruction and activities each week. Instruction will be a combination of project-based, content-based and activities. Focus on English writing, speaking and listening.
- Students may elect to receive special one-on-one instruction to improve English speaking, writing and listening skills.
- On-campus housing is provided throughout the program.
- English-language program and international students are eligible to attend on an English language I-20. Students will switch to an academic I-20 at the end of the program.
- EAPP 1000: Composition & Reading (fulfills Race & Inclusion requirement)
- EAPP 1050: Multicultural Speech (fulfills Global Perspectives requirement)
- ENGL 1011: Writing for Academic Purposes (fulfills freshman composition requirement)
- SCEN 7650 Speaking Skills (for ITAs)
- Special MBA and Law Programs